- This event has passed.
ARKit 2 and Eyeo
Eyeo 2018 Overview – Martin Grider, Scott Gaff, and co.
Casual overview of favorites speakers, projects and conversations from Eyeo 2018. If you attended, stand up and say a few words!
ARKit 2 – Marc Jensen space150
ARKit 2 debuted at the Apple WWDC in early June, with a large number of new features and improvements. We started experimenting right away, and can share early thoughts on how these might work in practice for multi-user AR, environment integration, permanent virtual state, etc.
ARKit 2 added:
- Saving and reloading spatial maps
- Sharing spatial maps across devices
- Environment texturing/capture
- 3D Object detection and tracking
- USDZ 3D File format and AR Quick Look app
- Face and gaze tracking improvements
- 2D Image tracking improvements