- This event has passed.
Failure & Persistence: Developing and Pitching A Story
There is no magic trick to a successful pitch, but there is certainly a lot of failure and persistence.
Failure & Persistence: A practical discussion about Developing and Pitching a story
Emmy Award winning Animation Director Mike Owens has gathered a panel of local media creators with a wide range of experiences, failures and successes to discuss and share their stories of developing and pitching series, shorts and features. The presentation will also include a pitch template to get you started organizing and developing your own ideas and provide a practical document to start you on the path to pitch and hopefully/eventually fund your project. There is no magic trick to a successful pitch but their are expectations and protocol. The goal of this event is to prepare and encourage creators to make an informed next step in the realm of development and pitching.
- Mike Owens- Animation Producer/Director (Danger & Eggs, WOMO Studio)
- Wendie Owens – Animation Producer/Director (WOMO Studio)
- Sarah Seember Huisken – Director/Story Artist/Designer (Danger & Eggs, Tacklebox Toons)
- John Wilinski – Story Artist/Animator/Designer (Danger & Eggs, 12 Forever)
- Andrew George – Story Artists/Animato/Designer (Danger & Eggs, 12 Forever)
- Michael Heagle – Indie Filmmaker/Teacher(Transylvania Television, Danger & Eggs)
- Wayne Johnson Indie Filmmaker/Director/Producer (Black Space FX, Danger & Eggs, 12 Forever)
- Josh Stifter Indie Filmmaker/Animator (Flush Studios, Rebel Without a Crew)
We will also discuss CATALYST (formerly ITVfest). Catalyst Content Festival is an exciting industry marketplace for independently produced episodic programming that is making its home in Duluth MN for the next 5 years. The event includes pitching and screening submissions for independent creators, potential for schmoozing with executives and a great opportunity to help build our industry in MInnesota. https://www.catalystories.com/
Show & Tell
This is open to anyone in the community wants to show off their work or share about something that inspires them! Each Show & Tell slot is limited to 5 minutes max.
6:00 – Pizza/Mingle Time
6:30 – Nice News
6:40 – Show & Tell
7:00 – Failure & Persistence: A practical discussion about Developing and Pitching a story
7:45 – Q&A
8:30 – All done!
Parking & Entry
The Thorp building has an attached free parking lot. There is also a bunch of free street parking!
Please enter through the front door on 18th Ave NE.