- This event has passed.
Note: This MN VR & HCI is one week early due to OC5. Also check out this upcoming mocap demo.
Hardlight Blade – RJ White
There’s a very large market of standalone and mobile VR devices out there right now with very simple controllers that only track 3DOF. Hardlight Blade was made with the inspiration and ideas of desktop VR using tricks and careful tweaking to bring some of that experience to much less powerful (and much less expensive) headsets.
My talk will cover:
- Similarities and differences between all the mobile and standalone headsets and desktop VR.
- Making the most of a 3DOF controller (Arm Models + Inverse Kinematics!)
- See a need, fill a need! What are the players ‘really’ asking for?
- Adapting lessons learned from desktop VR experiences
- Hype-building and marketing on a $0 budget
- Rapid prototyping, mobile VR dev tips, tricks and traps
- My experience with the Oculus Start program
I’m RJ White, and I’m a VR developer at Ghost Productions. I live in the Twin Cities with my wife and three children, and I’m currrently expanding Hardlight Blade with more content and updating the graphics in my free time. Check out my twitter for my personal VR work:@RJdoesVR
Plug My Thing!
In addition to informal verbal plugs, we’ll also show your trailer, user group, recruitment page, promo video, personal project, demo reel, etc. Grab the appropriate ticket – first come, first served.
Short and sweet. 3 minutes max! You will be timed.
1 short URL, Zero setup (any media on reliable site like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
Your contact info is on the page or in the video.
You were a part of this project, are attending the meeting, and will introduce it.
Check in 5-10 minutes early, so we can load your page