- This event has passed.
IGDATC June Meetup
If you go camping this year, Ryan has a few fun game suggestions.
“It’s A Little Weird, But We’ll Deal” – A GLITCHCON 2017 Post-Mortem
GLITCH CONNECT is an arts and cultural festival celebrating digital games and play.
Attendees explored two packed days of powerful keynotes, panels, arcades, exhibits, and quests. The festival serves as a catalyst for digital innovation and attracts 700+ makers, doers, and thinkers in video games from all over U.S.
GLITCH’s Co-Founder and Executive Director, Evva Kraikul, will dive into developing and designing the festival in its 5th year. Evva will touch briefly on the history of the project as well as discuss the challenges, tools, and strategies that are used to build the longest running games conference in the region.
Plug My Thing!
In addition to informal verbal plugs, we’ll also show your trailer, user group, recruitment page, promo video, demo reel, etc. Grab the appropriate ticket – first come, first served.
- Short and sweet. 3 minutes max!
- Related to games, gaming and or game development in some way. (Exceptions can be made, but please consult us first.)
- 1 short URL, Zero setup (Media is streamable from fast/reliable site like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- Your Contact info is on page or in video.
- You were a part of this project, are attending the meeting, and will introduce it.
- Meet us in the auditorium at least 5-10 minutes early, so we can load your page.
6:00 Pizza and drinks (thanks to the Nerdery!) and socialize.
6:30 Meeting starts. Announcements and Plug My Thing!
6:45 Member Project
7:30 Main Presentation
We’ll be heading to Joe Sensers in Bloomington after the event. Come socialize with other local developers.
This event is open to the public. An IGDA Membership not required.
Other Happenings and Announcements
Northern Spark is all night Sat 6/10. Grab the free Green Line pass!
Eyeo Festival is the week of 6/26, still a few tickets left.
For Northern Spark, our own Martin Grider and Patrick Swinnea worked on Chaos on the Green Line (VR on a train!) The team is handing out 2,000 Cardboard VR viewers, and is seeking volunteers for short shifts Sat night 6/10. Contact Joanna at email@example.com
Check out other local happenings at Ice Cold Games.