- This event has passed.
Newt One: Postmortem
Global Game Jam Postmortems
Global Game Jam 2018 Participants
Come hear rapid-fire recaps from this year’s Global Game Jam participants. There will be an open call for everyone to show off their games for 5-10 minutes and talk about their experiences. Did you participate? We want to hear about it! Bring your prototype for folks to play at the bar after!
Newt One: Postmortem
DevNAri: Ari Carrillo and Dev Jana
We’re DevNAri – a two-person game development team based in Minneapolis. We’re releasing our first game, Newt One, on PC/Mac on the same day we’re doing our Postmortem at IGDATC! It is our belief that games can make lives better – and happier! We lovingly craft nonviolent, colorful games with a focus on music and we hope to see you there.
Newt One rewards you for how much life you bring to the game world, not how much life you take from it. Embodying your progress through color and music, Newt One’s purpose is to generate happiness. We’ve shown it at 2D Con, Gamer’s Rhapsody, TEDx Minneapolis, MinneDemo, IndieCade, MinneBar, and other places like IGDATC last year.
Let’s talk about how awesome making a game can be while also how much of a pain in the butt it can be. Should be fun!
Plug My Thing!
In addition to informal verbal plugs, we’ll also show your trailer, user group, recruitment page, promo video, demo reel, etc. Grab the appropriate ticket – first come, first served.
- Short and sweet. 3 minutes max!
- Related to games, gaming and or game development in some way. (Exceptions can be made, but please consult us first.)
- 1 short URL, Zero setup (Media is streamable from fast/reliable site like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- Your Contact info is on page or in video.
- You were a part of this project, are attending the meeting, and will introduce it.
- Meet us in the auditorium at least 5-10 minutes early, so we can load your page.
6:00 Pizza and drinks (thanks to the Nerdery!) and socialize.
6:30 Meeting starts. Announcements and Plug My Thing!
6:45 Member Project
7:30 Main Presentation
We’ll be heading to Joe Sensers in Bloomington after the event. Come socialize with other local developers.
This event is open to the public. An IGDA Membership not required.