- This event has passed.
OC5, L.E.A.P., Nvidia RTX, Vive Wireless
It’s been a huge month for new hardware and announcements! Bring your questions and highlights, and join us for a recap and discussion of:
Oculus Connect 5 – RJ White, Zach Wendt, Matt Summers, Chris Johnson
- Announcements, research updates, favorite sessions and experiences.
- Hands on with Oculus Quest (formerly Santa Cruz), including the 6-person, 4000 sq ft arena shootout using only headset tracking (pictured above.)
- Some tech, dev and demo details that haven’t made it to public coverage.
- The Void – Star Wars (opening soon at MoA) impressions, tech, and calibration hacks.
- What it’s like to be on stage with John Carmack 🙂
L.E.A.P (Magic Leap conference) – Chris Johnson (Attended? email us!)
- Quick hardware/software review of ML1, and comparisons to HoloLens.
- L.E.A.P announcements and software roadmap.
- Dr Grodborts, demo clips, and through the lens vs stream capture.
- Magicverse Layers, PHILTR, Goats, and what L.E.A.P actually stands for.
NVidia GeForce 20-series and Quadro RTX cards – Matt Summers
- New features, released and announced cards
- Initial VR benchmarks
HTC Vive Wireless Adapter – Zach Wendt
- Quick review of strengths, limitations and value
- Required PC hardware and potential gotchas
Plug My Thing!
In addition to informal verbal plugs, we’ll also show your trailer, user group, recruitment page, promo video, personal project, demo reel, etc. Grab the appropriate ticket – first come, first served.
Short and sweet. 3 minutes max! You will be timed.
1 short URL, Zero setup (any media on reliable site like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
Your contact info is on the page or in the video.
You were a part of this project, are attending the meeting, and will introduce it.
Check in 5-10 minutes early, so we can load your page on the presentation PC.