- This event has passed.
Taking an Indie Board Game to the 3rd Dimension
Staircastle – solving the location density problem.
Notable locations on a map are usually highly clustered where there are dense populations leaving most of the map empty. I’ll demonstrate the solution I came up with for a fitness location game you can play anywhere.
Terrance Schubring is jambots.com, a mobile app developer with original and client titles in the app stores such as Railroad Train and Sketch-by-Step.
Taking an Indie Board Game to the 3rd dimension
3D is a trending topic in the board gaming industry. Board games are pulling out all the stops to bring new experiences and excitement to the table, including the use of the third dimension. In this talk, Adam from Adam’s Apple Games analyzes the marketplace for 3D board game designs and mechanics. He then talks about the new challenges presented and the process he used to develop his latest board game, which is of 3D Sword Building game called Swordcrafters.
Adam’s Apple Games is a Minnetonka based indie board game publisher and makers of Brewin’ USA and Truck Off: The Food Truck Frenzy. Founded by Adam Rehberg and Chris Neuman, the AAG vision is to bring new experiences, themes, and people into the board game hobby.
Plug My Thing!
In addition to informal verbal plugs, we’ll also show your trailer, user group, recruitment page, promo video, demo reel, etc. Grab the appropriate ticket – first come, first served.
- Short and sweet. 3 minutes max!
- Related to games, gaming and or game development in some way. (Exceptions can be made, but please consult us first.)
- 1 short URL, Zero setup (Media is streamable from fast/reliable site like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- Your Contact info is on page or in video.
- You were a part of this project, are attending the meeting, and will introduce it.
- Meet us in the auditorium at least 5-10 minutes early, so we can load your page.
6:00 Pizza and drinks (thanks to the Nerdery!) and socialize.
6:30 Meeting starts. Announcements and Plug My Thing!
6:45 Member Project
7:30 Main Presentation
We’ll be heading to Joe Sensers in Bloomington after the event. Come socialize with other local developers.
This event is open to the public. An IGDA Membership not required.