- This event has passed.
UW-Stout Senior Games: Small Hours & Umbrella Mondays
Join us as we take a magical journey through the depths of the GDC Expo Hall, as Patrick Swinnea (local game dev and recent airline passenger) regales us with inflated anecdotes, muddled observations and tall tales. We’ll also talk about games. Bring your best GDC stories to share.
UW-Stout Senior Games
Small Hours, by team Behind You
Umbrella Mondays, by team Turnip Town
Small Hours is a stealth horror game about a little girl who is searching for her runaway cat in an other-worldly town. The player will explore, looking for signs of their cat, while also hiding from the threat of a hungry child-eating monster. https://smallhoursgame.wordpress.com/
Umbrella Mondays begins on a rainy morning when a little girl named Fella awakes, finds a journal, and journeys to explore a beautiful ruin of mystical wonder. Players help Fella protect adorable fire spirits with her umbrella, solve puzzles and unlock clues along the way about the significance of the green rain and Fella’s missing memories. https://umbrellamondays.wordpress.com/2017/09/18/welcome/
Plug My Thing!
In addition to informal verbal plugs, we’ll also show your trailer, user group, recruitment page, promo video, demo reel, etc. Grab the appropriate ticket – first come, first served.
- Short and sweet. 3 minutes max!
- Related to games, gaming and or game development in some way. (Exceptions can be made, but please consult us first.)
- 1 short URL, Zero setup (Media is streamable from fast/reliable site like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
- Your Contact info is on page or in video.
- You were a part of this project, are attending the meeting, and will introduce it.
- Meet us in the auditorium at least 5-10 minutes early, so we can load your page.
6:00 Pizza and drinks (thanks to the Nerdery!) and socialize.
6:30 Meeting starts. Announcements and Plug My Thing!
6:45 Member Project
7:30 Main Presentation
We’ll be heading to Joe Sensers in Bloomington after the event. Come socialize with other local developers.
This event is open to the public. An IGDA Membership not required.